Skip to main content

A Woman Transformed by Rianne Burnett

 A Woman, Transformed: A Tale of Supernatural Erotica by [Rianne Burnett]
($2.99 or Kindle Unlimited) When Gemma is cursed by an angry student, she begins a transformation into a Wendigo. As she transforms, she also transforms mentally and sexually. [Purchase Link]

As a heads up, if you got excited about wendigos, you might want to sit back down. This is more or less a were-animal story, not a story about a haunting spirit born from evil to seek evil, losing its humanity and grip on society. The main character gets turned in a very werewolf fashion, and maintains her humanity (though she gets anger issues) post-transformation. Why it's tagged as were-other instead of wendigo.

I've rewritten this review multiple times because I didn't dislike this book, but it's hard to write about without it sounding that way. There's a really great story that I'd love to read here, and I can see that the author has a lot of technical talent in scene building, but the structure is a sort of fatal flaw, and I can't talk about any part of this story without bringing up how it feels like I'm reading spliced scenes from a work 4x the size of this one. The scope of the story was far too large for a short.

I'll be coming back to this author, but definitely not this short. The author has a lot of stuff out, and what's in this book is really good, so I don't want to assume literally everything she's put out has this distracting a scope issue.

Popular posts from this blog

The Stolen Shield and the Handsome Elf by Lorelei Strange

  ($2.99 or KU) A poly trans orc goes on an adventure. A literal adventure, not a sexy one. But there is sex. [US Link] I did find myself more interested in the story than the sex in this one, but this is a pretty good trans4trans (I am assuming the author is trans here, I didn't find that info immediately) bit. Unfortunately, it really needed another draft, or at least some editing. It is littered with typos and "I thought of two sentences at the same time" sentences. However, it was just rare enough that it's not distracting

On Her Knees for the Dogman by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99) Ladies tell girl to go out in the woods as a joke and she gets horny and decides to fuck a cryptid she found. Surprisingly consensual. [US Link]

Caged With the Dogmen by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99 or KU) Honestly, it's what it says on the tin. [US Link]