Skip to main content

The OMFG: Horns Over Hooves

The OMFG: Horns Over Hooves by [Jules Counts]
($7.99 or Kindle Unlimited) Horns over Hooves is a romance about a woman who develops a crush on a faun. Clocking in at over 300 pages, and waiting well over 100 pages for her to finally fuck the dude, it's definitely not the norm for what I review here. [Purchase Link]

Before I continue on, I'll say I didn't finish this book. Not because it was bad, though, I just actually have trouble reading longer works. It's rare that I spend more than an hour on any read. That being said, I spent three hours reading this before I put it down.

It's got good characters (though giving two major characters nearly identical names tripped me up, Kira and Lila), surprisingly intriguing world-building, and of course, a killer, believable romance. Maybe I'll come back for this one, eventually. I'll definitely be coming back for the shorter christmas special for this book.

Most people recommending this told me it was funny. I didn't find it funny, but I didn't find it stilted, either, I never felt any place didn't stick a landing. Enough people mentioned it being funny that it must either get funny after the 150 page mark, or I'm just missing jokes. Which is sad, I'm a huge comedy person.

Popular posts from this blog

The Stolen Shield and the Handsome Elf by Lorelei Strange

  ($2.99 or KU) A poly trans orc goes on an adventure. A literal adventure, not a sexy one. But there is sex. [US Link] I did find myself more interested in the story than the sex in this one, but this is a pretty good trans4trans (I am assuming the author is trans here, I didn't find that info immediately) bit. Unfortunately, it really needed another draft, or at least some editing. It is littered with typos and "I thought of two sentences at the same time" sentences. However, it was just rare enough that it's not distracting

On Her Knees for the Dogman by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99) Ladies tell girl to go out in the woods as a joke and she gets horny and decides to fuck a cryptid she found. Surprisingly consensual. [US Link]

Caged With the Dogmen by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99 or KU) Honestly, it's what it says on the tin. [US Link]