Skip to main content

A Fairytail Love by Cyd Sidney

A Fairytail Love by [Cyd Sidney]
($2.99 or Kindle Unlimited) A man gets sold out by his shitty ballet company to be the companion of an otherworldly sugar plum fairy. [Purchase Link]

Lots of dialogue and well-built characters. I can appreciate when I can tell who is talking even if there names aren't attached to the dialogue (which is useful since there was a spot where the paragraphs were separated so that it sounded like a different person was talking).

But I didn't really care for the characters or the chemistry they brought, as well-written as they were. Felt less like fireworks and more like "well, I'll hook up with you, I guess, kinda bored anyway." I know that's rich coming from me since I wrote that exact plot in What the Weretiger Wants, but I want to be clear that this is NOT a dig at the quality of the work. The work is fine, just not my thing. I  don't always write stuff that isn't my thing, which is why What the Weretiger Wants is also "I'm bored. Let's fuck"

 Also- why is it called fairytail instead of fairytale? I didn't finish since it wasn't my thing, but as far as I know, the fairy doesn't have a tail, so I'm not sure if the title is a pun or a typo, or if I don't know how fairytale is spelled

Popular posts from this blog

The Stolen Shield and the Handsome Elf by Lorelei Strange

  ($2.99 or KU) A poly trans orc goes on an adventure. A literal adventure, not a sexy one. But there is sex. [US Link] I did find myself more interested in the story than the sex in this one, but this is a pretty good trans4trans (I am assuming the author is trans here, I didn't find that info immediately) bit. Unfortunately, it really needed another draft, or at least some editing. It is littered with typos and "I thought of two sentences at the same time" sentences. However, it was just rare enough that it's not distracting

On Her Knees for the Dogman by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99) Ladies tell girl to go out in the woods as a joke and she gets horny and decides to fuck a cryptid she found. Surprisingly consensual. [US Link]

Caged With the Dogmen by Sibley Stamps

  ($2.99 or KU) Honestly, it's what it says on the tin. [US Link]